Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)

From: Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)
Date: 2014-04-15 06:30:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 14 April 2014 20:10, Simon Riggs wrote:

>>Autonomous Transaction Storage:
>>As for main transaction, structure PGXACT is used to store main transactions, which are created in shared memory of size:
>> (Number of process)*sizeof(struct PGXACT)
>>Similarly a new structure will be defined to store autonomous transaction:
>> Struct PGAutonomousXACT

Oh...I had already added this patch for 2014-June CommitFest, thinking that everyone is busy with work to wrap up 9.4.

> I already proposed exactly this design two years ago and it was rejected at the PgCon hackers meeting.
> I have a better design worked out now and will likely be working on it for 9.5

Can we work together to take this feature to final goal.
May be you can go through my complete patch and see whatever part of the patch and related design can be re-used along with your new design.
Also if possible you can share your design (even rough is OK), I will see if I can contribute to that in some-way.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Rajeev Rastogi