Re: partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Mike Palmiotto <mike(dot)palmiotto(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql
Date: 2017-04-05 01:29:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 6:56 PM, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com> wrote:
> On 04/04/2017 10:02 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
>> On 04/04/2017 09:55 AM, Mike Palmiotto wrote:
>>> After some discussion off-list, I've rebased and udpated the patches.
>>> Please see attached for further review.
>>
>> Thanks -- will have another look and test on a machine with selinux
>> setup. Robert, did you want me to take responsibility to commit on this
>> or just provide review/feedback?
>
> I did some editorializing on these.
>
> In particular I did not like the approach to fixing "warning: ‘tclass’
> may be used uninitialized" and ended up just doing it the same as was
> done elsewhere in relation.c already (set tclass = 0 in the variable
> declaration). Along the way I also changed one instance of tclass from
> uint16 to uint16_t for the sake of consistency.
>
> Interestingly we figured out that the warning was present with -Og, but
> not present with -O0, -O2, or -O3.
>
> If you want to test, apply 0001a and 0001b before 0002.
>
> Any objections?

I'm guessing Tom's going to have a strong feeling about whether 0001a
is the right way to address the stdbool issue, but I don't personally
know what the right thing to do is so I will avoid opining on that
topic.

So, nope, no objections here to you committing those.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company