Re: Allow streaming the changes after speculative aborts.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Allow streaming the changes after speculative aborts.
Date: 2021-06-30 12:07:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 4:15 AM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > > Thanks. Now, that the PG-15 branch is created, I think we should
> > > commit this to both 15 and 14 as this is a minor change. What do you
> > > think?
> >
> > Yeah, this is a minor improvement so can be pushed to both 15 and 14.
>
> Thanks, pushed!

I think if you're going to back-patch things that are arguably new
features into stable branches, you ought to give people more than 4
hours and 16 minutes to object. That's how much time passed between
the proposal to back-patch and the commit getting pushed.

I'm not objecting to the change as such - though someone else may wish
to - but I'm definitely objecting to the timing of the commit.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com