Re: Multi-Column List Partitioning

From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Nitin Jadhav <nitinjadhavpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Multi-Column List Partitioning
Date: 2021-10-01 13:55:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 7:17 PM Rajkumar Raghuwanshi
<rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> On PG head + Nitin's v3 patch + Amit's Delta patch. Make check is failing with below errors.

Thanks Rajkumar for testing.

> --inherit.sql is failing with error :"ERROR: negative bitmapset member not allowed"
> update mlparted_tab mlp set c = 'xxx'
> from
> (select a from some_tab union all select a+1 from some_tab) ss (a)
> where (mlp.a = ss.a and mlp.b = 'b') or mlp.a = 3;
> ERROR: negative bitmapset member not allowed
>
> --partition_join.sql is crashing with enable_partitionwise_join set to true.

Here's a v2 of the delta patch that should fix both of these test
failures. As I mentioned in my last reply, my delta patch fixed what
I think were problems in Nitin's v3 patch but were not complete by
themselves. Especially, I hadn't bothered to investigate various /*
TODO: handle multi-column list partitioning */ sites to deal with my
own changes.

In the attached updated version, I've dealt with some of those such
that at least the existing cases exercising partition pruning and
partition wise joins now pass.

I thought about sending a v4 of the main patch with my proposed
changes so far integrated, but decided to just post a delta_v2 for
now.

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3_delta_amit_v2.patch application/octet-stream 36.2 KB