Re: 2021-09 Commitfest

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2021-09 Commitfest
Date: 2021-10-01 13:53:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 12:52:10AM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 09:26:33AM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 03:10:32PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > > It is now 2021-09-01 Anywhere On Earth so I’ve set the September commitfest to
> > > In Progress and opened the November one for new entries. Jaime Casanova has
> > > volunteered for CFM [0], so let’s help him close the 284 still open items in
> > > the queue.
> > >

> > Thank you Daniel for editing the commitfest entries, that's something I
> > cannot do.
> >
> > And you're right, we have 284 patches in the queue (excluding committed,
> > returned with feedback, withdrawn and rejected)... 18 of them for more than
> > 10 commitfests!
> >
> > Needs review: 192.
> > Waiting on Author: 68.
> > Ready for Committer: 24
> >

> Hi everyone,
>
> On the first 10 days of this commitfest some numbers have moved, mostly
> thanks to Daniel Gustafsson and good work from committers:
>
> Needs review: 171.
> Waiting on Author: 79.
> Ready for Committer: 15.

Hi,

During this commitfest there around 40 patches committed, there where
some patches already committed at the beggining.

Committed: 55.

In the last hours Michael Paquier made a scan over the patch queue and
even after that we still have a lot of patches open.

Needs review: 131.
Waiting on Author: 47.
Ready for Committer: 12.

I understand this CF was in the middle of the release of 14 and that
affected too.

Anyway we need to advance to a close, so I need help with:

- what should we do with WoA patches? moving them to the Next CF?
- How can we reduce the number of Needs Review patches? some of them
have been in silence for more than a month!

--
Jaime Casanova
Director de Servicios Profesionales