OKPUG Second Meeting Wrap-up

From: "Giustozzi, Emilie R(dot)" <esteele(at)ou(dot)edu>
To: "okpug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <okpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OKPUG Second Meeting Wrap-up
Date: 2008-08-19 20:39:57
Lists: okpug

Hello everybody!

For those of you who were were unable to make it last night, the slides on the PostgreSQL rule system have been posted here: http://pugs.postgresql.org/node/459. I'd like to give a big thanks to RiskMetrics for letting us use their conference room and sponsoring the pizza! We discussed possible topics for the next few meetings (recovery options, psql client tricks, writing stored procedures, and postgresql.conf explanations and tuning). Recovery options (especially WAL archiving) won out for October.

Our next meeting will be on Monday, October 20, at 7:00. I'm still looking into various venue options in Oklahoma City and will post possible locations when I've got a good list. Let me know if you have your heart set on somewhere. Right now, I'm trying to stick to no farther north than Downtown in order to keep it pretty central, but a great location could change my mind!

--
Emilie Steele Giustozzi