Re: ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Failed on request of size ???

From: Brian Wong <bwong64(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Failed on request of size ???
Date: 2013-11-19 04:30:22
Lists: pgsql-general

I've tried any work_mem value from 1gb all the way up to 40gb, with no effect on the error. I'd like to think of this problem as a server process memory (not the server's buffers) or client process memory issue, primarily because when we tested the error there was no other load whatsoever. Unfortunately, the error doesn't say what kinda memory ran out.