Re: ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Failed on request of size ???

From: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Failed on request of size ???
Date: 2013-11-22 19:09:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Em 19/11/2013 02:30, Brian Wong escreveu:
> I've tried any work_mem value from 1gb all the way up to 40gb, with no
> effect on the error. I'd like to think of this problem as a server
> process memory (not the server's buffers) or client process memory
> issue, primarily because when we tested the error there was no other
> load whatsoever. Unfortunately, the error doesn't say what kinda
> memory ran out.

Excuse me (or just ignore me) if it is a stupid question, but have you
configured sysctl.conf accordingly?
For instance, to use larget memory settings, I had to configure my EL as
follows:

# Controls the maximum shared segment size, in bytes
kernel.shmmax = 68719476736

# Controls the maximum number of shared memory segments, in pages
kernel.shmall = 4294967296

Regards,

Edson