Re: COPY FROM performance improvements

From: "Luke Lonergan" <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)surnet(dot)cl>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Alon Goldshuv" <agoldshuv(at)greenplum(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY FROM performance improvements
Date: 2005-06-28 04:44:59
Lists: pgsql-patches pgsql-performance

Andrew,

> Something strange has happened. I suspect that you've inadvertantly used
> GNU indent or an unpatched BSD indent. pgindent needs a special patched
> BSD indent to work according to the PG standards - see the README

OK - phew! I generated new symbols for pgindent and fixed a bug in the awk
scripting within (diff attached) and ran against the CVS tip copy.c and got
only minor changes in formatting that appear to be consistent with the rest
of the code. I pgindent'ed the COPY FROM performance modded code and it
looks good and tests good.

Only formatting changes to the previous patch for copy.c attached.

Patch to update pgindent with new symbols and fix a bug in an awk section
(extra \\ in front of a ')').

- Luke

Attachment Content-Type Size
fast_copy_V14_8.1.patch application/octet-stream 88.2 KB
pgindent-81.patch application/octet-stream 37.1 KB