Re: Postgres 8.0/Windows 2000 Load testing

From: "Bellan Saravanan" <sarbx(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 8.0/Windows 2000 Load testing
Date: 2004-08-26 02:46:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

The problem is not only with Postgres 8.0,. It happens with 7.2.x,(cygipc),
7.4.x(cygserver) version as well. But with the previous versions atleast
the test was able to last a for 5-6 concurrent connections. But with 8.0,
with 3-4 concurrent connection itself it starts to break.

On Linux(with 7.2.1), for about 10 concurrent connections everything is
fine. After that some 'deadlock detected' exception is thrown by the
database and the connection is closed. But the database itself is responsive
and does not hang or crash.

But on windows the database fails to respond and windows itself freezes
after some time.

Thanks,
-Sarva