pgsql 8.0 beta1 patch for token and timezone

From: "Zhong Xubin" <jackyzhongxp(at)msn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql 8.0 beta1 patch for token and timezone
Date: 2004-08-26 02:53:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi pgsql-bugs-owner,

I want to join the bug mailing list cauz I found 2 bugs and fixed them.

Regards,
Jacky

------------------------------------->

>From: pgsql-bugs-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
>To: "Zhong Jacky" <jackyzhongxp(at)msn(dot)com>
>Subject: Stalled post to pgsql-bugs
>Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:43:48 -0300
>
>Your message to pgsql-bugs has been delayed, and requires the approval
>of the moderators, for the following reason(s):
>
>The author ("Zhong Jacky" <jackyzhongxp(at)msn(dot)com>)
> is not a member of any of the restrict_post groups.
>
>If you do not wish the message to be posted, or have other concerns,
>please send a message to the list owners at the following address:
> pgsql-bugs-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org

------------------------------------->

Hi pgsql-bugs,

I'm a Chinese and I am using WinXp Chs to compile pgsql 8.0 beta 1
in the MinGW environment. I found 2 bugs and fix them, maybe you can
merge the patch into the offical release, thanks.

Part A) Below is the two bugs occur when we run initdb under WinXp Chs.

1) FATAL: syntax error in file "E:/Unix/Sys/Pgsql/data/postgresql.conf"

line 261, near token "s"

Reason: the string 'Chinese_People's Republic of China.936' should be
'Chinese_People\'s Republic of China.936', otherwise token mismatch. Plese
remember the regular expression like sed and awk under Unix.

Patch: I wrote a function to detect ' in string and insert a \ symbol

2) WARNING: could not find a match for Windows timezone "中国标准时间"

Reason: "中国标准时间" is the string stands for "China Standard
Time",
which shows in Chinese language.

Patch: use a scanzone() function to find and convert timezone to the
English string in win32_tzmap[]. I can fix only Chinese because I only have
WinXp Chs operating system, people can fix others in similar way.

Part B) You can visit these 2 websites for more detail and get patch.
1) http://blog.csdn.net/chaoyuebetter/archive/2004/08/13/73785.aspx
2) http://www.smth.edu.cn/bbsgcon.php?board=NewSoftware&num=2548

Part C) The patch is based on snap0812, but can work on snap0825, etc.

Regards,
Jacky

免费下载 MSN Explorer: http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/