Re: [JDBC] JDBC and Binary protocol error, for some statements

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Radosław Smogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL JDBC List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [JDBC] JDBC and Binary protocol error, for some statements
Date: 2010-11-24 17:02:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

>Result is oid=23, format=(0) T, value = 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x02

What do you mean regarding the format? Are you just inferring that
from the data? If memory serves, the format of a particular column is
not specified anywhere other than the RowDescription, and according to
your JDBC log output above, the server is telling you the format is
text (1) (which is your point--it doesn't match the resulting
data--but I want to make sure we're clear on what's actually going
on).

Also, can you narrow this down to a simple, self-contained test case
(with code)? Even if it's against a custom driver build, that would be
easier to investigate.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com