Re: Unhandled exception in PGAdmin when opening 16-million-record table

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Rob Richardson <Rob(dot)Richardson(at)rad-con(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unhandled exception in PGAdmin when opening 16-million-record table
Date: 2010-10-30 13:45:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On 30 October 2010 11:26, Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Why not to use MVC approach by implementing a model, which uses, e.g.
> scrollable cursors? I believe that wxWidgets supports MVC.

I've seen that behaviour before in similar applications, but it had a
major downside: the number of rows returned was not known in advance
of scrolling down to the last one. So you couldn't visualise the size
of the record set based on the size and relative position of the
scrollbar.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan