Re: Debug works, Release not

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debug works, Release not
Date: 2011-01-06 19:30:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

here is the patch, that enables UI for pgAgent 4.
It would be great if somebody could try to build in Release mode.
The UI should work with pgAgent schema version 3 - if not, please tell me.
Please tell me also, if I have violated coding policies or something else.

To test the new features, you can apply attached pgagent_upgrade.sql.

Thanks & Regards,
Jasmin

2011/1/5 Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>

> This could be an issue, but the problem occurs at the pointer to the
> combobox. If I debug it (in Release) I'm getting the exception when trying
> to step in AppendItem-Method. Step-In into GetVal works.
> I will provide a patch asap, so someone of you guys can try to build it.
> Maybe it's because of my environment.
>
> Regards
>
> 2011/1/5 Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
>
> Not sure if I've seen it with pgadmin, but could it be that the debug
>> build initializes memory to zero whereas the release build may leave
>> it at random, which means it could be a simple
>> string-with-no-terminating-NULL thing?
>>
>> //Magnus
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:23, Jasmin Dizdarevic
>> <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> > Yes, I have. Maybe the problem is VS 2010, however it's very strange.

>> and
>> combobox.

>> --
>> Magnus Hagander
>> Me: http://www.hagander.net/
>> Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgagent_upgrade.sql application/octet-stream 2.0 KB
0001-UI-Changes-for-pgAgent-4.-Email-notification-and-SQL.patch application/octet-stream 18.1 KB