Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
To: lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu (Thomas G(dot) Lockhart)
Cc: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Date: 1998-05-31 22:13:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > So can we just rename the int*-*BSD.out to int*.out?
> > No cause then that will break the Linux regression tests :)
>
> ... which has been the regression reference platform since scrappy and I
> resurrected the regression test suite 'bout a year ago for v6.1...
>
> I assume that most platforms have some differences. Or would we find
> lots more matching each other if we chose something other than Linux for
> the reference output?
>
> - Tom

Hmmm, I find that I get lots of diffs on the floating point tests as
I am running Linux with the new "glibc". I suspect the reference platform
is the old "libc5" Linux. We might want to move the reference to "glibc"
Linux as this will be the majority plaform very soon. And since glibc is
the not just for Linux it will even help with other platforms in the comming
few months.

Anyway, I am willing to work on the tests a little but do not want to "take
them over". Who "owns" them now, perhaps I could co-ordinate and ask for
advice from that person?

-dg

David Gould dg(at)illustra(dot)com 510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software (No, really) 300 Lakeside Drive Oakland, CA 94612
"Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm wrong,
and someone who knows less will correct me if I'm right."
--David Palmer (palmer(at)tybalt(dot)caltech(dot)edu)