Access 97 and datatypes

From: Michael Davis <michael(dot)davis(at)prevuenet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Access 97 and datatypes
Date: 1999-02-14 00:06:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have several fields defined as the currency data type in Access 97. When
I converted my Access 97 databases to Postgress, I used the Money data type.
When I update a money field from Access 97, I get an error "wrong type". I
finally had to change data type from money to double to get Access to
properly communicate with these fields. I am also having trouble with
boolean fields. The are view differently in Postgress and Access. Has any
one work encounter and/or created a work around these issues?
ODBC Driver version: PostreSQL 6.40.0004
Postgres SQL version: 6.4.2

Thanks, Michael