Re: A small note about the difficulty of managing subprojects

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Joshua D(dot) Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A small note about the difficulty of managing subprojects
Date: 2008-10-13 17:28:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Oct 12, 2008, at 20:15, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Yeah I would agree with that. I find that only "real" issue with
> PgFoundry is the PgFoundry (aka Gforge) not the quality of the
> projects being hosted.

The other thing that could use some love is searching for projects.
Google doesn't rank pgFoundry stuff very highly, and Gforge's search
functionality leaves something to be desired. As a lover of CPAN, I
have to say that I don't use CPAN itself all that much; rather, I use
search.cpan.org, which makes it dead easy to search for modules that
have functionality I'm looking for.

But improving search should come after fixing/upgrading Gforge, IMHO.

Best,

David