Re: [HACKERS] Time to change pg_regress diffs to unified by default?

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Time to change pg_regress diffs to unified by default?
Date: 2019-02-15 14:25:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter> (This might be one of those rare times where one hopes for a
Peter> buildfarm failure for verification. :-) )

Also while we're tweaking regression test output, would it be possible
to have some indicator of whether a test passed because a variant file
in the resultmap was ignored in favor of the standard result?

The current system of silently ignoring the resultmap means that nobody
ever notices when resultmap entries become obsolete....

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)