Re: Regarding participating in GSOC 2019 with PostgreSQL

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Abhishek Agrawal <aagrawal207(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regarding participating in GSOC 2019 with PostgreSQL
Date: 2019-02-15 14:25:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Abhishek Agrawal (aagrawal207(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> I am interested in doing GSOC with PostgreSQL if you guys are applying for it this year. If anyone could direct me to proper links or some channel to prepare for the same then it will be really helpful. I have some questions like: What will be the projects this year, What are the requirement for the respective projects, who will be the mentors, etc.

We have applied but there is no guarantee that we'll be accepted.
Google has said they're announcing on Feb 26 the projects which have
been accepted. Also, it's up to Google to decide how many slots we are
given to have GSoC students, and we also won't know that until they tell
us.

I'd suggest you wait until the announcement is made by Google, at which
time they'll also tell us how many slots we have, and will provide
direction to prospective students regarding the next steps.

Thanks!

Stephen