Re: Data layer migration from MSSQL

From: "Medi Montaseri" <montaseri(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Sebastian Rychter" <srychter(at)anvet(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data layer migration from MSSQL
Date: 2008-02-21 18:42:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

I think the grammer should help the parser to determine what you mean when
the token ORDER is seen.

for example in a select statement...

Syntax:
SELECT expression [, ...]
[ FROM from_item [, ...] ]
[ WHERE condition ]
[ ORDER BY expression [ ASC | DESC | USING operator ]

keywords (or reserved words) should not be placed in quotes because the
parser relies on them to steer ...

Cheers
Medi