Re: Data layer migration from MSSQL

From: "Sebastian Rychter" <srychter(at)anvet(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: "'Medi Montaseri'" <montaseri(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Data layer migration from MSSQL
Date: 2008-02-21 18:55:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

Sorry, I think it was misunderstood. I meant that I used the keyword “Order” as a table property, not as part as the statement

In MS SQL I use [Order] and then just query :

Select [Table1].[Order] from [Table1]

Or

Select [Table1].[order] from [Table1]

In Postgresql I can’t do : create table Table1 (order varchar(10)) -- because “order” is a keyword

I have to do it like : create Table1 (“Order” varchar(10))

And then always do the query like : Select “Order” from Table1

which is different from

Select “order” from Table1

Thanks again.