Re: Rename of triggers for partitioned tables

From: Arne Roland <A(dot)Roland(at)index(dot)de>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rename of triggers for partitioned tables
Date: 2021-07-22 15:06:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

looking at the patch, I realized the renametrig_partition could use an index leading with tgparentid, without the need to traverse the child tables. Since we still need to lock them, there is likely no practical performance gain. But I am surprised there is no unique index on (tgparentid, tgrelid), which sounds like a decent sanity check to have anyways.