Re: [HACKERS] Can ICU be used for a database's default sort order?

From: Marius Timmer <marius(dot)timmer(at)uni-muenster(dot)de>
To: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Can ICU be used for a database's default sort order?
Date: 2019-03-21 17:46:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello hackers,

as I mentioned three weeks ago the patch from October 2018 did not apply
on the master. In the meantime I rebased it. Additionally I fixed some
Makefiles because a few icu-libs were missing. Now this patch applies
and compiles successfully on my machine. After installing running "make
installcheck-world" results in some failures (for example "select"). I
will take a closer look at those failures and review the whole patch in
the next few days. I just wanted to avoid that you have to do the same
rebasing stuff. The new patch is attached to this mail.

Maybe this patch should be moved to the current commit fest to keep
track of it. What do you think?

Best regards,

Marius Timmer

--
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU)
Zentrum für Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV)

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-ICU-as-default-collation-provider.patch text/x-patch 187.5 KB