Re: Timeline ID hexadecimal format

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Sébastien Lardière <sebastien(at)lardiere(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Timeline ID hexadecimal format
Date: 2023-01-27 14:55:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 27.01.23 14:52, Sébastien Lardière wrote:
> The attached patch proposes to change the format of timelineid from %u
> to %X.

I think your complaint has merit. But note that if we did a change like
this, then log files or reports from different versions would have
different meaning without a visual difference, which is kind of what you
complained about in the first place. At least we should do something
like 0x%X.

> Regarding .po files, I don't know how to manage them. Is there any
> routine to spread the modifications? Or should I identify and change
> each message?

Don't worry about this. This is handled elsewhere.