Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion
Date: 2005-08-13 14:33:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> I count about 65 variables that SHOW shows that are missing from
> pgsql_variables in tab-complete.c. Does the list intentionally
> omit certain variables?

It's intentional that the tab completion not list every single variable;
I think if it did, it would be less useful not more so. However the
decisions about which to omit have been less consistent than they
perhaps should be, and I'm sure there were some omitted purely through
oversight. It would be good to go through the whole list and see
exactly what's missing or superfluous.