psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion
Date: 2005-08-13 04:38:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Would anybody object to a patch to update psql's tab completion for
SET/RESET/SHOW to include everything that SHOW shows for a superuser?

I count about 65 variables that SHOW shows that are missing from
pgsql_variables in tab-complete.c. Does the list intentionally
omit certain variables? The comment mentions that the list "should
match USERSET and possibly SUSET," but I'm thinking it would be
useful to include everything SHOWable. In any case, a few USERSET
variables like check_function_bodies and escape_string_warning are
missing, so I'd like to add at least those.

--
Michael Fuhr