Re: Change in "policy" on dump ordering?

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Change in "policy" on dump ordering?
Date: 2017-02-22 23:24:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 2/22/17 10:14, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW tmv AS SELECT * FROM pg_subscription;
>> SELECT 0
>>
>> IOW, you can create matviews that depend on any other
>> table/view/matview, but right now if the matview includes certain items
>> it will mysteriously end up empty post-restore.
>
> Yes, by that logic matview refresh should always be last.

Patches for head attached.

RLS was the first item added after DO_REFRESH_MATVIEW, which was added
in 9.5. So if we want to treat this as a bug, they'd need to be patched
as well, which is a simple matter of swapping 33 and 34.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_dump_ordering.patch text/plain 1.3 KB