Re: Change in "policy" on dump ordering?

From: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>
To: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Change in "policy" on dump ordering?
Date: 2017-02-27 14:09:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've found the (AIUI) previous discussion about this, it's Bug #13907:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20160202161407(dot)2778(dot)24659%40wrigleys(dot)postgresql(dot)org#20160202161407(dot)2778(dot)24659(at)wrigleys(dot)postgresql(dot)org

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 05:24:49PM -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 2/22/17 12:29 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >On 2/22/17 10:14, Jim Nasby wrote:
> >>CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW tmv AS SELECT * FROM pg_subscription;
> >>SELECT 0
> >>
> >>IOW, you can create matviews that depend on any other
> >>table/view/matview, but right now if the matview includes certain items
> >>it will mysteriously end up empty post-restore.
> >
> >Yes, by that logic matview refresh should always be last.

In https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/9af4bc32-7e55-a21d-47e7-608582a8c48d%402ndquadrant.com
you (Peter) wrote:

"The reason that ACLs are restored last is that they could contain owner
self-revokes. So anything that you run after the ACLs could fail
because of that. I think a more complete fix would be to split up the
ACL restores into the general part, which you would run right after the
object is restored, and the owner revokes, which you would run last."

> Patches for head attached.

FWIW, Keven Grittner had proposed a more involved patch in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CACjxUsNmpQDL58zRm3EFS9atqGT8%2BX_2%2BFOCXpYBwWZw5wgi-A%40mail.gmail.com

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach