Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date: 2017-03-31 18:28:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

31.03.2017 20:57, Robert Haas:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Anastasia Lubennikova
> <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
>> First of all, I want to thank you and Robert for reviewing this patch.
>> Your expertise in postgres subsystems is really necessary for features like
>> this.
>> I just wonder, why don't you share your thoughts and doubts till the "last
>> call".
> I haven't done any significant technical work other than review
> patches in 14 months, and in the last several months I've often worked
> 10 and 12 hour days to get more review done.
>
> I think at one level you've got a fair complaint here - it's hard to
> get things committed, and this patch probably didn't get as much
> attention as it deserved. It's not so easy to know how to fix that.
> I'm pretty sure "tell Andres and Robert to work harder" isn't it.

*off-topic*
No complaints from me, I understand how difficult is reviewing and
highly appreciate your work.
The problem is that not all developers are qualified enough to do a review.
I've tried to make a course about postrges internals. Something like
"Deep dive into postgres codebase for hackers".
And it turned out to be really helpful for new developers. So, I wonder,
maybe we could write some tips for new reviewers and testers as well.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company