Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date: 2017-03-31 17:57:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Anastasia Lubennikova
<a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> First of all, I want to thank you and Robert for reviewing this patch.
> Your expertise in postgres subsystems is really necessary for features like
> this.
> I just wonder, why don't you share your thoughts and doubts till the "last
> call".

I haven't done any significant technical work other than review
patches in 14 months, and in the last several months I've often worked
10 and 12 hour days to get more review done.

I think at one level you've got a fair complaint here - it's hard to
get things committed, and this patch probably didn't get as much
attention as it deserved. It's not so easy to know how to fix that.
I'm pretty sure "tell Andres and Robert to work harder" isn't it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company