Re: unresolved bugs

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unresolved bugs
Date: 2010-01-06 21:30:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

>>> So you installed the bugzilla module on yourself?  Neat.  Keep at it!
>>
>> Actually it's Brucezilla.
>
> hmm maybe I should resurrect the bugzilla testbed again :)

If we're going to use a bug-tracker, Bugzilla wouldn't be my first
choice, I don't think. Honestly what I'd like better than a
full-fledged trackers is just a webapp that lists all the unreplied-to
emails in the pgsql-bugs archives. That wouldn't of course tell you
if a bug got a reply that didn't actually resolve the issue, but that
doesn't seem to be very common anyway. Most times if nobody responds
it's because either (1) it's not really a bug (user question, feature
request, etc.) or (2) the person who is qualified to respond doesn't
actually read pgsql-bugs.

...Robert