Development with Eclipse - Wrong error messages in IDE

From: Peter Moser <pitiz29a(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Development with Eclipse - Wrong error messages in IDE
Date: 2016-02-03 09:38:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Good morning hackers,
I have some strange error message inside Eclipse, that some symbols
cannot be found. I work with version 9.6 currently. For instance,

Symbol 'RM_HEAP_ID' could not be resolved
src/backend/access/heap/heapam.c

It affects all occurrences of symbols that are defined in
src/include/access/rmgrlist.h. Eclipse just says "Syntax error" here.

However, the source code compiles and runs without any compile-time
error or warning. It is just an IDE problem I think, but it distracts me
from finding real bugs.

Does anyone had similar problems? Do I have to configure Eclipse to
understand the PG_RMGR macro or is there another possibility to teach
Eclipse these macros?

Thanks for any help or comment.

Best regards,
Peter