Re: Proposal: BSD Authentication support

From: Marisa Emerson <mje(at)insec(dot)sh>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: BSD Authentication support
Date: 2016-01-08 02:40:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

There's a port for PAM, but we would prefer to use BSD Auth as its quite
a lot cleaner and is standard on OpenBSD.

I've attached an updated patch that includes documentation. It has been
tested against OpenBSD 5.8. I'll add this thread to the commitfest.

On 07/01/16 23:26, Greg Stark wrote:
> This sounds like a sensible thing to me. I'm actually surprised, it
> sounds like something we would have already seen. Do some people just
> use PAM on OpenBSD? Are both supported?
>
> You should add the patch to https://commitfest.postgresql.org to
> ensure it doesn't slip through the cracks. It's too late for January
> though there's nothing stopping people from commenting on or even
> committing patches outside the commitfest.

Attachment Content-Type Size
bsd_auth.patch text/x-patch 8.8 KB