Re: AXLE Plans for 9.5 and 9.6

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AXLE Plans for 9.5 and 9.6
Date: 2014-04-22 13:29:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04/22/2014 08:15 AM, MauMau wrote:

> Are you planning to include the above features in 9.5 and 9.6? Are you
> recommending other developers not implement these features to avoid
> duplication of work with AXLE?

Without pointing any fingers, I should note that I have learned the hard
way to take such recommendations with a grain of salt. More than once I
have been stopped from working on something because someone else said
they were, only for nothing to appear, and in the interests of full
disclosure I can think of two significant instances when I have been
similarly guilty, although the most serious of those has since been
rectified by someone else.

cheers

andrew