small regression adjustment

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: small regression adjustment
Date: 2014-03-26 01:45:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It occurred to me after having to change I think 9 files to clean up a
small mess in the jsonb regression tests the other day that we might
usefully expose the inputdir and outputdir to psql as variables when
running pg_regress. Then we might be able to do thing like this, quite
independent of location:

\set datafile :inputdir/data/mystuff.data
COPY mytable FROM :'datafile';

The actual location would not need to appear in the SQL (and thus not in
the results file either).

A small patch that tries to do that is attached.

Thoughts?

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
regressdirs.patch text/x-patch 685 bytes