Size and size_t in dsa API

From: "Ideriha, Takeshi" <ideriha(dot)takeshi(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Size and size_t in dsa API
Date: 2018-09-20 06:28:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm trying to use DSA API and confused a little bit about $subject.

Some type of return value or arguments are defined as size_t
but others are as Size.

Example:
- dsa_area *dsa_create_in_place(void *place, size_t size,
int tranche_id, dsm_segment *segment)

- Size dsa_minimum_size(void)

I'm confused because Size and size_t is virtually equal but
they are mixed in dsa.c. At first I was thinking that there is
some distinguishing convention to use based on some context.

But according to this thread, which seems gone anywhere,
they are same.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm%3D1eA0vsgA7-2oigKzqg10YeXoPWiS-fCuQRDLwwmgMXag%40mail.gmail.com
Are there still someone trying to this?
As a non-expert developer's opinion, I think mixing of Size and size_t makes difficult to understand source code.

Takeshi Ideriha
Fujitsu Limited