Re: Clustering Docs WAS: Mammoth in Core?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Clustering Docs WAS: Mammoth in Core?
Date: 2010-01-25 20:40:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> My suggestion would be to start a new thread entirely.

And mine would be to drop this whole topic altogether until after the
CommitFest is over, and instead focus on the replication features
already committed that need work before beta can even start. Only
reason I said something is that I objected to the idea that the
information on the wiki was complete enough to be considered a roadmap
for others to follow in this area and wanted to clarify that it
wasn't--it's helpful, but everybody knows it still needs work yet.
Actually improving things enough that it is, that work I think is well
outside of what this list should be focusing on right now. We've got
pgsql-cluster-hackers to discuss this particular area.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com