Re: snapshot generation broken again...

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: John Naylor <jcnaylor(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: snapshot generation broken again...
Date: 2010-01-06 20:21:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> John Naylor <jcnaylor(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> Here's a fix. Sorry, I didn't realize it was ever called without a
>> version number.
>
> It's not supposed to be. If it fails to put the correct version number
> into the .bki file, initdb will spit up. This is really a makefile bug,
> not genbki's fault.

really? there are provisions withing genbki.pl that are supposed to
provide a proper error message(and would have likely helped to find the
issue in that case as well):

die "Version not specified or wrong format.\n" if !defined $major_version;

however due to the way the current checks are executed you won't
actually see that error...

Stefan