10 TB database

From: Artur <a_wronski(at)gazeta(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 10 TB database
Date: 2009-06-15 12:00:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

We are thinking to create some stocks related search engine.
It is experimental project just for fun.

The problem is that we expect to have more than 250 GB of data every month.
This data would be in two tables. About 50.000.000 new rows every month.

We want to have access to all the date mostly for generating user
requesting reports (aggregating).
We would have about 10TB of data in three years.

Do you think is it possible to build this with postgresql and have any
idea how to start? :)

Thanks in advance,
Artur