Re: We should get active ...

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>, Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-26 00:08:41
Lists: pgeu-general

Cédric Villemain wrote:
> Koen Martens a écrit :
>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:17:28PM +0100, Susanne Ebrecht wrote:
>>
>>> It would really nice to have a guy who start the webpage. At the
>>> moment I have no idea about questions like:
>>> Do we want to make PHP?
>>> Do we want to make plain HTML?
>>> Do we use tools like Drupal?
>>> Do we use tools like cvs/svn?
>>> How could we add content to the page?
>>> Do we want a wiki?
>>> How is the layout?
>>> And so on ...
>>>

>> I would say: take our queue from what has been done before. Having some
>> CMS would be preferable over using plain html with ssh/scp login i'd
>> say. What is postgresql.org using? What is postgresql.nl using? Etc..
>>
>> Do we want a wiki? Of course! We probably want TWiki even, because it is
>> the best :) (note: i'm an active member of the TWiki community and
>> therefore not entirely objective, although really, TWiki _is_ the best).
>>
>> Will the site be hosted on postgresql infrastructure? Where is it
>> currently hosted? What would be needed for (say) me, to get something
>> going there? Or does this have to be done by the postgresql
>> infrastructure management team?
>>
> We partially discuss that on this thread '[pgeu-general] New
> european servers are up and running !'
>
> In short words (correct this if I am wrong) :
>
> 2 servers (babar and dumbo) are hosted by dalibo at marseille, france.
> The admins are those from postgresql.org.

those are called barzan and alderaan in the postgresql.org
infrastructure :-)

> Pg-eu needs can be handle in a (one or more) freeBSD jail which will be
> or not be in the above servers.

yes we specificially look into not tying specific services to specific
hosts or locations so that we have some freedom and flexibility in
shifting services around just in case we need to(load reasons, emergency
whatever).

Stefan