Re: We should get active ...

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>
Cc: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 15:22:56
Lists: pgeu-general

Koen Martens a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:17:28PM +0100, Susanne Ebrecht wrote:
>
>> It would really nice to have a guy who start the webpage. At the moment I
>> have no idea about questions like:
>> Do we want to make PHP?
>> Do we want to make plain HTML?
>> Do we use tools like Drupal?
>> Do we use tools like cvs/svn?
>> How could we add content to the page?
>> Do we want a wiki?
>> How is the layout?
>> And so on ...
>>

> I would say: take our queue from what has been done before. Having some
> CMS would be preferable over using plain html with ssh/scp login i'd
> say. What is postgresql.org using? What is postgresql.nl using? Etc..
>
> Do we want a wiki? Of course! We probably want TWiki even, because it is
> the best :) (note: i'm an active member of the TWiki community and
> therefore not entirely objective, although really, TWiki _is_ the best).
>
> Will the site be hosted on postgresql infrastructure? Where is it
> currently hosted? What would be needed for (say) me, to get something
> going there? Or does this have to be done by the postgresql
> infrastructure management team?

We partially discuss that on this thread '[pgeu-general] New
european servers are up and running !'

In short words (correct this if I am wrong) :

2 servers (babar and dumbo) are hosted by dalibo at marseille, france.
The admins are those from postgresql.org.
Pg-eu needs can be handle in a (one or more) freeBSD jail which will be
or not be in the above servers.

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données