Re: postgresql.eu ?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Jean-Paul Argudo" <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, "damien clochard" <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql.eu ?
Date: 2008-02-26 00:10:31
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Jean-Paul Argudo
<jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org> wrote:

> > If i visit "http://www.postgresql.eu/" i expect information about
> > PostgreSQL [...]
>
> I disagree totally. The site about PostgreSQL is PostgreSQL.org, it has
> allways be and allways will be.

I think we would be remiss not to as any new visitors would be forced
to go to a different site to find some basic info. We don't need to
provide anything more than simple introductions to postgres though -
localised documentation etc should go on the main site.

> Every other *postgres* (its a regexp :) is PostgreSQL-related, it is
> *not* the PostgreSQL project, nor the core team endorse it...

That is correct.

> >> It seems to more self-explaining and easier to remember than pgug.eu
> >
> > Ask the italians, why they chose itpug, not postgresql.it ;-)
> > Other user groups did this too.
>
> There's not only one Italian group...

http://www.postgresql.org.uk/
http://www.postgres.org.uk/

Endorsed by a core member, sure, but not by the core team.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company