Re: Slony replication

From: Geoffrey <lists(at)serioustechnology(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Slony replication
Date: 2007-12-08 14:21:28
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

Pedro Doria Meunier wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to implement DB replication with Slony but with a slave
> that will not be always available.
> The master would have to check first of the slave's availability and
> then start syncing...
>
> Is this at all possible, or am I just raving? : )

I am quite new to Slony as well, but one of the first requirements the
docs state is:

Thus, examples of cases where Slony-I probably won't work out well
would include:

* Sites where connectivity is really "flakey"
* Replication to nodes that are unpredictably connected.

So I suspect Slony is not a solution for your effort. See:

http://slony.info/documentation/slonyintro.html#INTRODUCTION

--
Until later, Geoffrey

- Benjamin Franklin