Re: [GENERAL] Slony replication

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Pedro Doria Meunier <pdoria(at)netmadeira(dot)com>
Cc: PGAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Slony replication
Date: 2007-12-08 17:13:52
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

On 08/12/2007 09:51, Pedro Doria Meunier wrote:

> I would like to implement DB replication with Slony but with a slave
> that will not be always available.
> The master would have to check first of the slave's availability and
> then start syncing...

Please post this to the Slony-I list: this list is for PgAdmin.

Off the top of my head, I don't think that will work for you - but if
you read the documentation for Slony, I seem to recall that you need a
reasonable degree of availability for Slony to work.

Do read the documentation - it's pretty comprehensive, and will save
bandwidth in the lists.....

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie