Re: SCMS question

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Markus Schiltknecht <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>, mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SCMS question
Date: 2007-02-26 19:57:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Treat wrote:

> FWIW ClearCase also offers a command line version of its merge tool, where it
> shows three columns (a la diff --side-by-side) and allows you to pick which
> column you want to merge in (repo, change1, or change2 for example). It's a
> nice attempt at doing it on the command line, but the graphical version is so
> much better it's worth it to work out remote X and use that instead :-)

If ClearCase is held up as a model SCM system the God help us.

True story: a few years back I had a team that where some of them had
been using ClearCase, and when they joined our team switched to CVS. A
few months later the company made a company-wide decision to standardise
on ClearCase. Within weeks I had them begging and pleading with me to be
allowed to go back to CVS.

cheers

andrew