Re: postgres service does not start after windows restart

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Amit Sanon <amit(dot)sanon(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres service does not start after windows restart
Date: 2005-10-18 13:20:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Amit Sanon wrote:
> but when i restart my windows i am unable to start the service. the service
> start is set to automatic but it doesnt start automatically and when i try
> to manually start it it gives an error
> Could not start PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0 service on local computer
> Error 1069: Service did not start due to logon failure

If you type that error message into Google it comes up with many matches
that all describe problems with logging in as the user a service is
running as. They suggest checking the password in your service setup,
and making sure that the account has permission to run as a service -
perhaps give that a go.

HTH
--
Richard Huxton