Re: What's Popular for CMS and RAD with PHP/PostgreSQL?

From: Kevin Murphy <murphy(at)genome(dot)chop(dot)edu>
To: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: Google Mike <googlemike(at)hotpop(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What's Popular for CMS and RAD with PHP/PostgreSQL?
Date: 2005-07-15 10:57:55
Lists: pgsql-general

John DeSoi wrote:

>> CMS and RAD tools out there?
>
> Using PHP and PostgreSQL only, what do you feel are the most popular
>
> Drupal is a very nice CMS for PHP and PostgreSQL. I'm using it for
> some consulting projects now and it has saved me a great deal of
> time. Some of the useful features include:

I too like drupal and use it with postgresql, but some of the Drupal
contrib module authors are still very mysql-centric and fond of writing
code that breaks when using postgresql (or doesn't support it at all).
Luckily, it's usually not too hard to patch yourself or find a patch. A
lot of highly desirable functionality does not exist in the Drupal core
but instead is provided by these contributed modules. Drupal still
recommends mysql and doesn't treat postgresql and mysql equally. It
would be nice if Drupal would keep track of which modules had been
tested against postgresql, but they don't. If there were a pool of
drupal/postgresql users willing to be testers, and module authors were
aware of this, that would help also. I've been too busy to dive in and
suggest/coordinate this, though.

-Kevin Murphy