Re: Function editor

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Tony Caduto <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Function editor
Date: 2004-10-08 09:21:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Tony Caduto wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been using PG Admin 3 for about 5 months now and mostly it is a great
> program, however the function editor window is driving me nuts.
> I know I have been told that if I simply resize it the problems will go
> away, and they do for awhile.
> The problem is I am so used to using the maximize button in every single
> other windows app out there.
> The way the PGadmin 3 function editor window behaves is not like any other
> windows app I have ever used.(even junky outlook express does not do this)
> I don't have one single app on my pc where the window will open off to the
> lower left of the screen if you maximize it.
>
> Can the developers please do something about this weird behavior?

This is win32 weird behaviour, returning bogus sizes/positions if
maximized. consequently, values are out of range if restoring previous
positions. Several apps will display the window of the screen in that
situation (e.g. xrced), pgadmin will push it back on screen.
Do not maximize, instead resize to your preferred size without using
that F***ing maximize button to enable pgadmin's position remembering
feature.

Don't complain about this to me. I don't ever use maximize, because it
disables D&D. wxWidgets can't handle it, and unless somebody else wants
to implement this specifically it will stay like this.

Regards,
Andreas