Re: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available

From: Johan Paul Glutting <jpglutting(at)vqp(dot)udl(dot)es>
To: Aleksander Kmetec <aleksander(dot)kmetec(at)intera(dot)si>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org, pginstaller-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available
Date: 2004-08-10 09:21:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

Sorry Aleksander, but I can't really remember what I did. I had a
service running from a Cygwin install of Postgres, and I was messing
around with the command line for installing/uninstalling the service,
and had to reboot several times. I initially tried to change the path of
the sevice executable, and it was a big mess. This was the unzippable
version of Postgres from about a moth ago, so it is not really relevant
to this installer.

As an aside, Dave, can we get the \bin and \lib paths in the PATH
variable as part of the install? I am not sure if that will create a
mess if they are already there ...

Also, my PGDATA variable is still set at c:\postgres\data - but it does
not seem to have an effect on Postgres. I am going to try accessing
postgres with some python modules, and see what that does.

Cheers,

jp

En/na Aleksander Kmetec ha escrit:

--
JP Glutting
Oficina de Qualitat Plaça Víctor Siurana, 1