Re: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available for download

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Johan Paul Glutting" <jpglutting(at)vqp(dot)udl(dot)es>, "Aleksander Kmetec" <aleksander(dot)kmetec(at)intera(dot)si>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pginstaller-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available for download
Date: 2004-08-10 09:59:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

We're trying to avoid that to prevent problems with multiple
installations on the same machine. All the shortcuts to psql, and
backups/restores from pgAdmin should work fine without.

> Also, my PGDATA variable is still set at c:\postgres\data -
> but it does not seem to have an effect on Postgres. I am
> going to try accessing postgres with some python modules, and
> see what that does.

The service is installed with the -D option to specify the data
directory (iirc) which overrides any environment variables - again, this
is to allow multiple installations in the future.

Regards, Dave.